Wednesday, May 28, 2008

FAQ's

Q1: The food I got sucked! What should I do?
A1: Tell your server. Most likely they will offer you something else. If it's a steak or a burger, the cook may be asked to fire another one on the fly.

Something to know about steaks and meats in general, when you order the food, many restaurants undercook it slightly to what you requested. This is done purposely because if you overcook it, you have to make a completely new one if someone doesn't like whereas undercooked could be put back on the grill and made to your liking.

As I cook I feel like you should always say something if you don't enjoy your food. You're paying for it, and we're here to cater you.

If you ate half of it, piggy, then that's just asking for a free meal! Say something right away to avoid conflict.

Q2: I'm afraid the cook will spit in my food. Will you spit in my food if I send it back?
A1: My question is have you seen Clerks 2 or something? Also, have you seen some of the ridiculous movies out there? Please don't believe everything you've seen.

Honestly, someone might spit in your food one day, but it's doubtful.
I eat out a hell of a lot, because I work so much. I would NEVER and I don't know a single cook who would ever do so.
I guess this is more realistically found in fast food joints, and typically there are people being supervised. Please don't refuse to eat out because of this.

If you want to send something back, always be nice about it. The waitresses will be quick to tell a cook/superviser about the pain-in-the-ass at table 11, but they usually will say "oh those people at booth 4 were very nice about it".

problem solved.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I didn't get a chance to start it yet, but I definately get some interesting people who come into my job...so I kinda wanted to be a copy cat and start my own work blog...haha :-)