Saturday, May 10, 2008

higgamajig!

I worked a 14 hr. shift today (6am-8pm). I've been tired; sorry, but anyways, here we go. :)

My manager's husband has a plethora of stories.
Sometimes, I wonder if they're true, but cheese and rice, some are so weird, I wonder who could possibly make them up.

We will call this person H; this is how I'll reference him in the future.

and this is H's story (obviously not the EXACT quote, but close enough...

"When I was around ten, I was hanging out with my cousins and my one older cousin said, 'Hey, I have to show you guys something really cool!' He took us into the living room and showed them how to "higgamajig". We had no idea what it was, but when we found out, we were shocked. Of course we were j*rking off and all guys do it but at the time we thought we were the only people in the universe who knew about it, like it was a big secret, and we called it higgamajig."

Some of the people at work know the story and the people who do not are always confused because we often reference things in the restaurant back to it, as in:

"It was so busy, no one had time to even higgamajig".
or
"Did you higgamajig lately?"

and perhaps this is immature, inappropriate, or I suppose disgusting to some, but it makes me laugh and the day goes by faster, so it's fun.

No comments: