Sunday, June 15, 2008

dirty dishes.

I kept saying how I wanted to talk about the movie WAITING, and I'm finally going to do so.

For those of you who haven't seen the movie, 1. there's already a sequel so what the hell are you waiting for? and 2. leave the computer immediately rent it and watch.

To start of, the tagline for the movie is: What happens in the kitchen ends up on the plate.
so you can kind of assume what goes down.

Anyways, the movie follows the happenings of employees in a retaurant (waitresses, manager, cooks, dishwashers, bussers).
Honestly, the movie was, very accurate as disturbing as it sounds.

I decided to give you the truths about the staff in some restaurants...

Do the employees actually smoke pot at work?
Yes. My first restaurant job the common place was the freezer, and at my second job, people have done it in the parking lot. I've also seen co-workers come in high and with hangovers. The majority is always the "back of the house" or the cooks and dishwashers.

Do the restaurant employees actually have the audacity to be sexually involved together at work?
Why, yes they do. Like the movie, people do tend to become involved with each other immensely. Whether it's the long hours leading up to workers lacking lives outside of being with their co-workers or it's just built up tension, I don't know, but this does happen.

Was my steak dropped on the floor?
It just might have been. I have seen people drop food and then serve it; most times they've cleaned it first or dropped it in the fryer to kill the "germs". I hope it is, but I'm sure the messing around with the food in the movie is not exaggerated. If a cook hates you, and really doesn't care, he might just stick your garlic bread down his pants. This I have never seen, but hey, it happens I'm sure.

Do young kids working in restaurants really party like this?
What young adults don't party? but yeah, I've been through some crazy shit working in the restaurant, and not to be whatever, but I think cooks are the coolest people to party with. :)

There's more I want to talk about but I don't want to make this too long, so I'll leave you hanging for a bit.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

That movie is FANTASTIC!

And there's a sequel?! No way!! :)

P.S. I'm def glad that tomatoes are back in my BLT's...I was missing them terribly!