Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm a..

damn good waitress.
'nuff said.

Anyways, there is a recall on tomatoes in the area.
Most likely our tomatoes are fine, but just to be safe, we will not be serving them.

One woman wanted a wrap and another a salad.
I told them of this recall and they were very nice about it.

I told another woman at a two top who ordered a BLT, and she said...
"Excuse me?"
and I apologized and she's like.
"ugh, i guess i'll have to order something else. The tomato is the best part."
I kind of just let it go because I was a little irritated.
Then she said. "I guess I'll just have the grilled chicken sandwich- plain. I would get tomato on it, but that's just too much to ask. Why would I get a BLT without the T..."
That's why I asked you, duh!

but, of course, I didn't say that. I just simply said.
"It's a safety precaution, and it's all over this area. I could give you a tomato, but it could make you really sick. It'd be like not cooking your chicken and you eating it raw."

I'm just tired of stupidity, and I guess my nice tone was enough, because I didn't get stiffed once tonight.

More customer stories to come!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

You probably saved that lady's life. She should be grateful. Silly lady. =)

Brittany said...

I'm rather upset about this tomato recall. I love them.

And now I can't have them. Boo.

But I never thought about it....WTF is a BLT without the damn tomato?!