Monday, June 2, 2008

..in the weeds.

When the cooks or waitresses get slammed, we typically call it "being in the weeds" or "in the hole". Well, this was yesterday.

We had a group of 35 on Sunday at 12, plus the 12 other checks.
This led to the two lonely cooks being in the hole.
The truth is a line of tickets gives me a rush equivalent to a line of cocaine for a cokehead.

Anyways, waitresses are usually really bitchy when they get busy because they realize how imcompetent and useless they are.
So how do they make their already easy job less difficult?
They take all of the food orders at one time and then bring up all of their checks at once.

Every waitress I work with does that, and I don't appreciate it, for many reasons. I'll explain this in my next blog.

So idiot #1 brings me a total of 17 checks at once.
We had 18 california burgers on the grill.
Imagine making the set-ups: 4 without onion, six without mayo, 14 with fries, one gets a side of O-rings, et cetera.

My favorite part is when idiot #2 takes idiot #1's food and she has a conniption.
So because she keeps asking for the same burger, we end up with three extra.

Meanwhile you have the cashier and the two owners helping the waitresses and of course yelling through the window to put up their food.

Okay, here's the problem. When you have 14 orders of fries it fills two baskets. Two baskets fill one fryer and the other fryer is fricken broken. So I can't make anything else until then.
The grill is shitty; the middle doesn't work and I have one microwave.

Well, we have three others but if we plug more than one in, it will blow a fuse.
Haha, so overall it's quite a big of aggravation.

We tend to have a calm AFTER the storm [of people].
I'll tell you about that next time.

but I'll leave you with how the cooks talk to the waitresses...
WAITRESS ONE: Hey, where is my burger?
COOK 1: You already took it!
WAITRESS ONE:Well, it aint here.
COOK 1: Tough shit, wait your turn.

and...
WAITRESS: Someone must be messing up back there.
ME: Don't put up 17 checks at once if you can't handle getting them all at once.
WAITRESS: This is ridiculous (says to owner)
ME: You need to calm the f*ck down and get away from the window now.

No comments: