Wednesday, April 23, 2008

failing.falling.

I started working at restaurant #1 on July 28th, 2004.
I was new, and I was hassled because I wasn't the fastest dishwasher on the block.

I eventually became that. I worked so hard. I was so proud, and then I was bored.
I didn't want to dishwash all the time.

My manager [first manager] gave me the chance to do salad bar.
It was so easy, I decided to also dishwash because I felt lazy just doing salad bar.
Eventually I worked my way up to line cook.
I cooked and became the best, I really did.
I was bored, and wanted to waitress.
I was a fill-in server.
I memorized orders, didn't write anything down.

I also worked in the arcade, at the rides, in the ice cream shoppe and for the camper area. I've done it all. I know it all.

I always cooked though, always.
I love the rush of getting a window full of tickets.
I love being wheel-man, controlling the line.

I wanted control of the whole restaurant.
I started becoming a leader figure. I was the go-to person.

My new manager [the fifth one I've had] felt threatened.
I think she did. She didn't like me doing anything but standing on the line.
I didn't like that but I'm better than her. I know I am.

I'm rambling, wondering what's next for me.
Losing to her makes me feel like I'm incapable, of a lot.
That place had my heart, and it gave me confidence.

I left school yesterday, and have yet to go back.
I need a push.

No comments: