Tuesday, April 22, 2008

On Sunday,

I had my job, but today I did not.
I had a missed call from restaurant #1.
I called back. My manager was bothered by the fact I went to another manager and complained about what she told me on Friday [see other post].

She says I went behind her back, and she can't risk that happening again.
Apparently, I have some pull at the restaurant and she must have gotten in huge trouble.
I'm a cook; in my heart I'm a cook.
She won't allow me to continue being that.

Am I fired? Not exactly.
For that I have to wait and see.
Because I work at a "family friendly center/park" and there are other areas in which I can work. It's just up to the owner whether I can do so.

My co-workers who found out are absolutely furious.
I am too, but after leaving school and crying for a few hours, I thought about it.
Maybe there's a spot for me there yet.

Until then, restaurant #2 called and they would like me on the schedule full-time.
Maybe this is my sign to get out of the restaurants.
Maybe this is happening because it's been secretly a dream to go to cooking school, and now I'm supposed to do something else.

Upcoming posts are going to include stuff on my first day and how I ended up there for so long.

Almost four years I can't take back.
I don't think I would either.
I apologize, my friend, because these posts will be more serious.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ohhh my goodness. I'm sorry to hear that.

:(